The role of the “Mekong Tourism Advisory Group” includes the verification of nominations to be included in the “Experience Mekong Collection“, as well as the selection of the “Annual Experience Mekong Showcase”, featuring 5 innovative responsible experiences per GMS member country. MeTAG members also advise on programming for events, such as the annual Mekong Tourism Forum.
If you would like to join the “Mekong Tourism Advisory Group (MeTAG)“, first please apply to become a member of our Mekong Tourism Contributor Program, to be considered, and please send a message – with the subject line “MeTAG” – why you would like to be an active member of MeTAG, and what you bring to the table as it relates to GMS travel and tourism expertise.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to have an impact on further positioning the region in a positive way and building a series of experiences that can highlight the region and ensure that tourism is able to play its cultural, economic and social development role. There can be no doubt that this exercise will help to meet the needs of the growing influence of the experiential visitor.
The role of MeTAG Members include:
- Verify and endorse Experience Mekong Collection nominations and promote nominations to EMC.
- Select innovative experiences for specific practices from the Experience Mekong Collection for the Experience Mekong Showcase.
- Assist in the programming of Mekong Tourism events, including the annual Mekong Tourism Forum
- Support Mekong Tourism initiatives via personal networks, relationships, expertise, and resources
- Remain an active Mekong Tourism Contributor