Terms & Conditions for Use of and Contribution to the Mekong Tourism Contributor Program (Tourism Experts, Travel Storytellers)
> The applicant is hereinafter referred to as “Author” and “Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office – MTCO” is hereinafter referred to as “Publisher”. The Author hereby grants the Publisher a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right and license, with rights to sublicense, to distribute, publicly perform and publicly display in any form or medium (electronic or print), reproduce, modify and make derivative works of the Work. Author acknowledges that the rights granted to Publisher include the right to publish the Work on any of the websites within the Publisher’s network of websites, as well as any future publications associated with Publisher, which includes its content syndication partners.
> The Author represents and warrants that: (a) Author is the sole author of the Work and that Author has all necessary rights to grant the rights to Publisher granted herein, (b) the Work is original and does not infringe any third party’s rights, including any intellectual property rights or right of publicity or privacy, and (c) the Work does not contain any false or defamatory material. Author shall indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, which Publisher may incur as a result of claims made by third parties arising from a breach by Author of this Section 4. Content not owned by Author is credited and sourced appropriately.
> Content that is considered sensitive in nature, or otherwise inappropriate, for our stakeholders and audience will not be published. The Publisher retains the right to reject any content for any reason.
> The Publisher is not responsible for the accuracy for submitted content, however reserves the right to edit content if deemed appropriate.
> The Author understands that the title “Official Mekong Tourism Expert” is contingent on the Publisher determining that the Author is an expert.
> The Author understands that to maintain “Official Mekong Tourism Expert” status the Author must submit a publishable piece on a reasonably regular basis. Submitted pieces that are deemed not publishable, will not be counted towards submissions.
> The Author understands that to be eligible for “Official Mekong Travel Storyteller” status content must be accepted and published by the Publisher on reasonably regular basis.
Terms & Conditions for Use of and Contribution to the Mekong Tourism Library
The Mekong Tourism Coordination Office (MTCO) maintains the Mekong Tourism Library (herein referred to as “Library”), as well as the documents, data and databases, and other materials (herein referred to as “materials”) on it, solely for informational purposes. The materials on the Library are not necessarily the property of the MTCO, but may belong to its contributors and authors. Users are defined as those who download the materials from the Library, contributors are defined as those who provide materials to the Library, and authors are defined as those who created the materials hosted on the Library.
Please refer to the relevant copyright notices for each material. Unless otherwise stated on the copyright notice for any material, users of Library materials must agree to the following terms, which follow the principles of the Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY 3.0 IGO)
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- The author or contributor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the material, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the author or contributor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the author, contributor, copyright or license permits.
- When the author or contributor is an intergovernmental organization, disputes will be resolved by mediation and arbitration unless otherwise agreed.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Contributors and authors of materials on the Library agree to the following terms.
- Materials must be relevant tourism-related documents that fit in any one of the Library categories and themes
- Materials do not plagiarize other materials
- Materials do not break copyright laws
- Materials are deemed appropriate by the MTCO and its board members (country representatives)
- A contributor may withdraw his or her own content from Library at any time by making a request to the MTCO
- The MTCO reserves the right to remove any materials that it deems inappropriate or unsuitable at any time